for Network Partners
How does it work?
Employers want to keep the training catalog for employees up to date on a daily basis with the program information from EDU-DEX. Often such a catalog is provided by one of our over 80 Network Partners . After all, they and their customers benefit from reliable and up-to-date information.
Some of our Network Partners have their own search and booking site. They also need reliable, complete and up-to-date program data in order to optimally inform their visitors.
EDU-DEX Network Partners undersigned the EDU-DEX – Code of Conduct . This code of conduct ensures that the buyers and users of our training information adhere to the same values as EDU-DEX: transparency, integrity, accessibility, quality and topicality.
In the EDU-DEX database, Network Partners can make their own selection of data:
- which suppliers of education or training
- which programs of those providers
- which information regarding those programs
What does it cost?
For Network Partners there are no costs associated with using EDU-DEX.
Network Partners may also choose to become a paying member of the EDU-DEX foundation. I that case, they have access and voting rights during our annual meetings, and participate in the annual Network Meetings. A separate registration form is available for this.
- General Information brochure
- EDU-DEX in 100 words
- View the list of educators affiliated with EDU-DEX
- View the complete list of chain partners and their contact persons
- You will find a registration form for network partners at the bottom of this webpage.
Look at a selection of companies and organizations using EDU-DEX data or watch the animation below (1.5 min.)
Here you will find the solution
EDU-DEX is known for its fast response to questions and issues. Through the first options below, you can even get an answer within a few minutes. More information about support you will find here.
Yes, we would like to join EDU-DEX!
How do you want to join EDU-DEX?
- As a customer (using EDU-DEX programme details to inform our own employees through an LMS or catalogue)
- As a training supplier (providing programme details to customers and platforms through EDU-DEX)
- As a Network partner (using EDU-DEX-data for a search site or App, or to provide customers with updated programme information)
- As a Network partner participant (becoming a formal participant in the EDU-DEX foundation)
What't the benefit of EDU-DEX for your organisation?
Monthly general e-newsletter with news about the development of and around EDU-DEX, new participants and new customers.
How do we receive the data from EDU-DEX?
- With your login details you can create so-called catalogues in the Admin environment of EDU-DEX, containing a selection of programme details from one or more suppliers. Multiple filters are available, and you can create as many catalogues as you want. After compiling a catalogue, the XML of such a catalogue is updated every day, and is placed on a fixed URL on the EDU-DEX server. You can use that URL to import the latest data on a daily basis – from 3 a.m. Each catalogue provides one integral XML file with all selected programme details from all selected suppliers. You can find the URL of a catalogue yourself in the Admin environment.
- You may also choose to import all data from all EDU-DEX suppliers on a daily basis with one directory XML file. Such an integral directory file contains per institute a separate URL with a sub-directory file, which in turn contains a separate URL per programme with the XML file of a single programme. This method allows you to locally select suppliers and programmes to include in your database. If you choose this second method, ask email@example.com for the URL of this integral directory XML.
How do I ensure that education & training suppliers fill in the fields that are mandatory for our system?
What does the EDU-DEX data model look like?
Some fields I import from EDU-DEX are not filled by the training supplier; how to improve this?
We do support the communication between the supplier and the consumer, for instance, by including documentation per consumer in our technical documentation.